My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Sunday, April 13, 2003

Last Night I Almost Died
Okay, so that's probably a little bit of an exageration. First let me give you a little background. Last night I made brownies for Nikky's soccer banquet. I was going to make them from scratch but the didn't have any unsweetened chocolate at the store, so I got a box. We decided that one box wasn't enough, so I went back and got another, and while I was out I got a movie too (Maid in Manhattan). So I came home and put the other batch of brownies in the oven, and put the movie in. While I was waiting for the brownies to cook, I painted my nails. It's really an awesome color, it's white irridescent (Sally Henson). Then the oven timer goes off and I get up to check to see if the brownies are done, but as I'm walking I notice that my lip is swelling. So I walked over to my mom and asked her to look at my lip, and she told that yes, my upper lip was swelling, but could I go turn the oven timer off before I go look in the mirror. So then I'm all panicking. My lip is swelling for no reason. But I go turn the timer, the brownies aren't done, leave them in the oven.
Mom: Maybe it's a fever blister.
Me: Fever blisters don't suddenly form in a couple minutes. And I've never gotten one before.
So we move into the kitchen to check the brownies again.
Mom: You aren't handling this very well
Me: This sucks, this kind of thing doesn't happen to anyone else.
Mom: These things happen to people all the time.
Me: Other people's lips don't just start swelling up like this. I could be dying.
Mom: Maybe it's because you ate too much chocolate. (from the brownies)
Me: You can never have too much chocolate.
Nikky: Did a spider bite you on the lip?
Me: I hope not (sarcastically)
Nikky: Well you know, the average person eats eight spiders in their life time. I could have happened.
Me: I don't think it was a spider.
Nikky: Yeah, she could be dying.
Then we move back into the living room, after the brownies are done. And I notice my bottom lip is a little swollen too(on the same sind as the top lip). Now, I've already washed my top lip, in case it was an allergic reaction to something, even though I can't figure out what it would have been a reaction to. And my mom says "yeah, your bottom lip is a little swollen too." So it is an alergic reaction to something I put in my mouth. And it took a while, but I finally decided I was having an alergic reaction to fingernail polish lid, which I had stuck in my mouth while cleaning up the edges of my nails. So I missed a little of the movie, I don't think I missed anything important, it was an okay movie, not the greatest. The guy could have been better looking.
And this morning my lip is fine. So I guess maybe I didn't almost die.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.