My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Today (yesterday really) I came back to Jacksonville because I have a class tomorrow (today really). On the way I stopped at McDonald's to get a number 9. It's a chicken strip meal, for those of you who didn't go there today. Anyway, I usually get chicken strips because I can eat them while I drive, I can't eat a burger and drive, I'm just not that coordinated. I stopped in Starke. That city amazes me. Could they get any more exhaust in there? I mean, I had to put my window up because I was having trouble breathing. But you gotta love Starke. So I finally get to the window where they give you your food, and I didn't knock off my mirror or even bang up my door, I'm not quite sure what engineer put that big giant pole right there in the middle of the lane, but don't ever take your dually through there. The guy that's supposed to give me my food walks right passed my order and outside to take some other people there food. Then he walks back in, meanders around, looks at everything but me at the drive through window and then finally sees me. Oh yeah, Customers. So he sees the bag, looks inside, looks at the order screen and starts to hand me my food. Then...he pauses and turns around. He grabs 2 bags of croutons and asks me if I need them.
Me: "Um no, I didn't order a salad"
Him: "Do you need these"
Me: "No, I ordered Chicken strips"
Him: "Okay, do you need these"
Me: "No, I didn't order a salad"
Him: looks at me questioningly
Me: "I ordered a number 9, it's chicken strips"
Him: Still holding the croutons "Okay"
Me: "I didn't order a salad so I don't need croutons"
Him: Looks in the bag "Okay" still looking at me questioningly as he hands me my order sans the croutons. "Is the order correct"
Me: I look in the bag, yep chicken strips and fries. "Yes, Thanks" Drive away.

I think the exhaust may have messed up his head.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.