My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Tuesday, June 17, 2003

I'd like to take a moment to introduce you to a few of my closest friends (well, okay, this will take a little more than a moment).

Jenn has been a very close friend of mine since highschool. Jenn is my crazy friend. Not that she is actually crazy, but that's how I would describe her in words. When I found out we were going to the same college together I was so relieved she would be there. Jenn is very strong minded and not afraid to share her opinions. She has made me mad on more than one occasion, but I still love her. She always remembers when I'm going on vacation and my birthday, she always remember that I told her I have a test and calls me later to ask how I did. She does this even though I never remember exactly when she said she was leaving, and even though it takes me weeks to actually get her gifts to her. I do remember her birthday, I just can never get even a card to her on time, it's the same with christmas. Jenn joined the national gaurd after our first year in college (she did this because they agreed to pay for school, it didn't take long for her to figure out they weren't really telling the truth), she left USF one semester after that. She is now waiting until september, when she will join the Navy on active duty. We are all hoping that she will be able to join the navy before they call up her gaurd unit. The last thing anyone wants is to see her in one of the worlds hot-spots. According to her the Navy will be safer, and hopefully by the time she gets through basic and AIT the world will have calmed down a lot more than it is now. She is such a solid friend, I hope that that never changes.

Lori is my angelic friend. She has always been so innocent to me. Lori is very conservative where Jenn is not. For this reason they have never gotten along with each other. Over the years it has gotten worse and a girls night out with them is impossible. This is something I really regret. But I know that niether of them would be who they are if they didn't stand up for their beliefs. Last year while I was on vacation in July she met her husband to be. She had known him when they were kids but they had lost touch. By the time I got back she was sure he was the one, and by August she was waiting for the ring. I kept telling her that she shouldn't rush things but she was sure he was the one. I believe it was in September that they were engaged. Lori made him bring her to my house that very day so she could tell me. I was still worried that they were rushing things but I don't think any bride to be has ever been as excited and happy as Lori was that day. She will be married this Saturday and I will be there in the bridal party wishing her well. I was sure she would have us in big pink dresses with big giant bows, I don't think there was a single person who wasn't surprised when she told us she was going to have a black and white wedding. Lori has always been there when I needed some encouragement and understanding. She knows I will gaurd her secrets as if they were mine and I know she would do the same for me.

Brook and I aren't conventional friends. My mom is a single mom and there was something that she wasn't going to be able to drive me to when I was in highschool. Brook rode the same bus I did and knew that we didn't live to far from each other so she volunteered to drive me(well her family drove actually). That began years of carpooling, and my senior year, when I got a car, I drove her to school nearly every day. She's never seemed like a phone-talky person so we only ever talk on the phone when it is necessary. She is very striaght forward and I know that I can trust anything she says to be true. I don't think that she has ever done anything that she wouldn't admit to. She is a very hard working person and even though she has had several set-back with school she has never given up. For these reasons I truely admire her.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.