My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Sunday, June 22, 2003

I know I probably should have writen this earlier because I have already forgotten some of the stuff I wanted to mention. The whole wedding was beautiful and I'm really glad I got to be a part of it. So, where should I start. We had our hair done at the Rock and Roll Salon, we were really impressed after the consultation but were really dissapointed with the way they did our hair. They did Katie's hair in a french twist with curls on the sides, but they were already frizzing before she got out of the chair, so later Lori had them fix it, but instead of taking the twist out they just hairsprayed the curls to her head. Up close you could see that there were a few strands that had been left out, but if you weren't too close it looked pretty good, very classic. In the end her mom took it down and did her hair, it looked really good that way too, in fact the pictures with her hair down came out much better. Brittney's hair was easier, they just pulled it back and curled the ends, she has funky colored hair right now (red with blond streaks at the front) which made the style. Brook has short hair so they just curled the ends out, but the curls started to fall before we were all done and they had to re-do it, and ended up yanking her hair out with the curling iron because the stylist was paying too much attention to what the other stylist was doing with Lori's hair. Lori's hair also ended up looking very nice, but she had a tiara and they didn't set it in very well, so her mom had to keep re-setting it and I think they ended up pinning it in. My hair came out good, well I couldn't really see it because it was all behind me, but I think it came out well, it was pulled back with banana curls falling down my back, but the woman cut a couple inches off those curls without even asking me if it was okay or telling me she had done it, the only reason I knew was because I saw my hair on the floor. After we left the salon we went back to Lori's and had lunch, they got a platter of sandwhiches (which was really nice of them and we were starving). We were all ansy and it seemed like we waited forever until we left for the church. We all got ready and their was luckily not too much crying because I'm a sympathy crier and I look horrible for a long time after I cry. Jeffrey, Lori's youngest brother, was the groomsman that walked me down the aisle. He was so tall I barely reached his shoulder in heels (which always seems so wierd because I remember when he was really young). I don't really remember walking down the aisle at all, but I do remember most of the ceremony. The flower girl and ring bearer were so cute, though the flower girl did get restless in the middle of the ceremony, and I could tell she was ready for it to be over. The ceremony went off without a hitch, no one fell or anything--not even me! We waited around at the church for a long time for the pictures, I heard that their photographer was really good and I'm excited to see how the pictures come out. The reception was so much fun, I danced nearly constantly even though I was dateless, actually Katie, Brittney, and I were dateless and Brook's boyfriend Jack didn't really know anyone and you could tell he was bored, so he ended up leaving early. So we all ended up dancing together a lot. I even slow danced with Katie once. I really had a good time. And I had one of the wedding bells from the gifts lori put on the gifts she got for us (which was a really beatiful necklace) so we passed that around the table and took turns ringing it. Silverware on the glasses was louder but the caterers took our place settings right after dinner. You could tell they were embarrassed that we kept doing it and they probably thought we were annoying but I figure that newly weds should take any opportunity to kiss each other that they are presented with. The whole thing was really fun and I hope that Lori enjoyed it. Both her and Gene looked really happy and I was really happy for them (as was everyone else). And I'm glad that I don't have to drive around following people all the time. I was so lost most of the time because I live on the other side of the county and therefore go to all the different places from the opposite direction. They get back Sunday and I told her mom to let me know when they get in so I could see the gift opening, but then I remembered that I'm leaving for vacation on Friday. So I won't be there. But hopefully I will be able to get ahold of her on the phone when she gets back so that I can talk to her before I get into the hills of Missouri where there is absolutely no cell phone service at all. Okay, Okay I think it's about time to wrap up this post.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.