My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Wednesday, April 23, 2003

Scary Stuff
In my dev. psych. class today we talked about some statistics. They are pretty scary. 1/3-1/2 of teenagers report either never using or rarely using contraception. And 1 in 6 has an STD. We are talking 15 year olds here. This means that if you were to walk into a highschool right now 1 in every 6 of those students would have an STD. What's really scary is that this is the age where they're thinking "that won't happen to me." I never imagined the rate was so high. This means that any highschool kid with at least six friends most likely knows someone with an STD. 1 in 6. 1 in 6 teenagers. 1 in 6. And the Bush's are only funding abstinence only campaigns. Those campaigns can't be working. 1 in 6.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.