My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Tuesday, April 29, 2003

I'll Make Your Office Look Like Baghdad
Have I mentioned where I work yet? I can't remember. My office is in charge of the state's teacher's certification exams. We do all kinds of stuff. From development to administration. We design the tests, give the tests, score the tests, we do statistical tests on the scores, we even sell study guides for the tests. It's a pretty huge grant. Especially when you consider how many people it takes to do all of this. We have to pay professors and teachers to come in and review current tests and produce new test items. We have to pay all the proctors for the exams. We have to pay all the normal office help, like me, etc, etc...

I love babies. One of my goals in life is to have a couple kids. But between volunteering in the OB department at the hospital when I was in highschool, and the crazies I talk to at work who are the future teachers of my potential children, sometimes I wonder if having kids is such a great idea. And trust me I do talk to A LOT of crazies. Crazies who want to be teachers.

When we got the grant to do the administration of the exam we had to get a new office building (for more room), it's at a different location. It didn't take us too long to figure out that it would have to be a secure location. The crazy teachers don't have a problem showing up and threatening people. So now the other office is secure. The glass is tinted and you have to have a key to get in. They don't open the door for anyone.

Today a really great call came in to the other office. It's really not uncommon to get malicious calls. This guy was mad, I don't know about what. He said he knew the location of both offices. He said, "I'm going to make your office look like Baghdad." I don't know. Sounds like a threat to me. Aren't bomb threats like a federal offense or something?

So, some future teacher threatened my life and I didn't even find out about it until later. Did they call the cops? No. But now at least, if he keeps calling, they will. I can't believe they had his name, and SSN and didn't do anything about it. He just threatened your life. Your just going to allow him to become a teacher and teach my kids? Come on people!

I'm seriously rethinking the whole having kids thing. I don't want my kids to be taught by someone like this.

I have several friends who intend to become teachers. None of my friends are crazy, but I never seem to talk to any sane people at work. I hope that the crazy people I have to deal with at work don't rub off on my sane friends. I don't need that kind of pleasantness.

Also, I only have two days left, can we please hold off on the threats until after I'm gone? Thanks, I'd appreciate it.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.