My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Tuesday, March 18, 2003

So it looks like war. I am not happy about going to war, I do not want to go to war. Mainly I don't want to go to war because I don't see the point. What did Saddam do again? I mean it seems like we were all so gung ho about the war on terror, and when we couldn't find osama, Bush said, "not to worry I know where we can find a fight." So anyway--Saddam has NUCLEAR--please don't ever say Nucular anywhere near me--weapons, and oh, yeah he's a tyrant. Well news flash y'all, the same thing is going on in Korea, in fact, it's probably an even worse situation and we're ignoring that. The same things are also happening in Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and a few other countries, who just happen to be our allies in this war on terror. Oh, and I would like to remind you of the taliban regime, which we only went after AFTER we got bombed, we didn't care about their human rights violations, and the poor living situations for women (and it's not like we didn't know, there was even a 7th heaven episode about it--we knew we just didn't care). Ask yourself--why do we suddenly care so much about this ONE other country's tyrants?

I don't want to go to war. I don't like what it does to people. I don't like the thought that if one of my friends is killed in the line of duty no one will remember them. Think about it. Already we have lost people to this war, do you remember them? Do you even remember how it was that they lost their lives? Probably not. But most of all I don't like that because I am anti-war I am suddenly unAmerican, there are people who think I should be tried to treason and hung. I say you are unAmerican, because your ready to condemn me simply because I am expressing my 1st amendment right. When people marched on Washington for animal rights, that was fine (that's an American thing to do, you can't protest everywhere you know), but when people march on Washington to protest the war---oh, well then you are unAmerican and you need to get out of this country.

I say you are UnAmerican because America is supposed to be a nation for the people, by the people, from the people. I haven't talked to many people at all that want to go to war--how american can it be to force a majority of the country to go to war, when they don't want to go to war. I say Bush is the most UnAmerican of all, because HE decided HE wanted to go to war, he doesn't care what the people want. It is his job to represent the people of this great country and right now the only people he is representing are climbing his family tree (oh, and a few other people who don't mind being led around by the nose, as long as the person leading them has somehow finagled the title of president out of the American people).

And FYI, I don't support the war, but I will always support our troops, who regardless of whether they support the war or not are just doing their jobs.


0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.