My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Thursday, January 08, 2004

CFCC is rotting my brain. Yesterday I had a heated debate with my mom. I asked, "If we win the lottery, can I open a strip club?" My mom responded with a resounding NO! I still believe in my explanations and justifications but I think she was probably right when she said I was just looking for ways to buck the system. I paid my tuition with a credit card. Online, so I wouldn't have to stand in line forever to do it. Not a big deal. Except I got this error message. It said, "This transaction has been approved." What kind of error is that? Isn't that what is supposed to happen? Anyway, there was an error, I called about it, the payment is not on my record yet, but they do have record of the error and are working on it. Slowly. If I get dropped from my classes I'm going to SUE! I walked into my economics class today, it didn't take me long to figure out it was also a dual enrollment class. That's right boys and girls, now I have to take a class with a bunch of high school kids. It wouldn't be so bad but it was so OBVIOUS they were in high school, I didn't even have to hear the professor talk about how they should talk to someone about getting the study guide supplied for them, I knew before the professor even got there. Then we had to find someone from another state and find out their hobby. There are about 4 people in the class who aren't dual enrollment. And one girl in the front of the class didn't have anyone around her so I moved up and introduced myself. All the dual enrollment people knew each other because they have been practically living together for the past 4 years. Anyway we talked for a while, answered the questions, and talked about the professor, classes, etc... So it gets to be her turn. I had to tell her my name again and where I was from. Hello? We didn't talk about that much! I can still tell you about her. LeeAnn, from Florida enjoys reading. But she couldn't remember my name or where I was from--I had to whisper it to her. When it came to my hobby she was like, "and uhhhh...she likes photo...graphing... yeah." So I guess it's not just my brain that is rotting at that fabulous institution of higher learning.

In other news: I've decided that I'm actually going to have new years resolutions. Normally I don't--several years ago I resolved to not have any resolutions--that lasted for a while, but I broke down this year. So my resolutions are to stop eating pork and beef. Except on vacation, holidays, or if it's already in the fridge. I decided on the pork because it's in the Bible, though I will continue the abominable act of eating things from the sea that don't have fins and scales, namely shrimp, crab, etc... I just like them too much. And the beef because of mad cow--and that whole health thing about not eating so much red meat. I made the exceptions because I don't think I would handle a vacation where I couldn't eat sausage gravy, or a burger, and I wouldn't want to waste what's in the fridge. We'll see how long that lasts. I really like sausage gravy and roast beef sandwiches.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.