My Crazy Thoughts
my thoughts on various topics.

Thursday, August 14, 2003

So, it's been a while since I posted anything of worth. I've been lazy, and I hate this chair. Let me fill you in on what's been going on. I talked to FAMU, I'm not getting in. Actually that's not completely true yet. I'm on the wait list. They will let me know if a space opens otherwise I'm SOL. No they didn't send me a letter telling me this, I had to call them and bug them until they got tired of giving me the run around. Shouldn't I have recieved a letter saying: blah blah blah, we're sorry you probably won't get in but we'll keep you in mind in case some nut decides they would rather work at McDonald's? I suppose the good news is that I still haven't recieved a rejection letter. Of course when the guy told me that I "was not going to be invited for an interview," I asked him why. Basically he said I should have went to community college. He also said he would have liked to have seen me take a heavier course load, and to have been premed, and it would have helped if I had worked in the field. I would like to point out that more than one semester I took only one credit hour short of the maximum allowed, sorry there just aren't that many one credit classes that seemed worth my time. I was premed retard and if you had been looking at my transcripts like you said you were you would see that (Of course I told him this and he just kept going). No, I didn't work in the field, I had a wonderful job, on campus, that worked with my schedule and payed more than I could ever hope to make in a pharmacy. And finally I resent the fact that I am being tossed aside because I choose to get a higher caliber education than I could have recieved at community college, and I can't believe you would even suggest it! Shouldn't your goal be to produce the best pharmacists not to get the most people out of the university system as quickly as possible?
Damnit!
So what am I doing now. Well, I am waiting for my transcripts to be received by the local community college so that I can take some classes. I'm taking his advice--I'm going to community college. Of course, there is the ever present conspiracy, against me. When I was in high school I took a dual enrollment class, I got an A. But if my transcripts don't arrive then I can't register for classes--Do you know why? Because I haven't taken a reading placement test in the last two years. They are afraid I have forgotten how to read.

A while back I put up a poll asking what people thought I should do if I didn't get into pharmacy school, I got two votes. A baker and an advice columnist. I can't find anyone to pay me to bake, so send me your problems and I will give you some advice, I need a start guys. Make something up if you have to.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

© 2003-2006 Content from these pages is the sole property of the author and cannot be reproduced, reprinted or republished without written consent from the author.